2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar on medium-high speed until smooth and well combined, about 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
4. On low speed gradually add the flour mixture and beat until just combined. Use a rubber spatula to stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
5. Using a spoon or spring-loaded scoop, drop 3-tablespoon sized balls of dough onto prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
6. Bake for about 14 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned, rotating baking sheets halfway through. Let the cookies cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing to wire wracks to cool completely.
(recipe source: Handle the Heat)